Dr. Brukner's Muesli
Our founder Dr. Peter Brukner whips up a batch of this low carb muesli at the weekend to have on hand for breakfasts or snacks during the week. It's best served with unsweetened thick full fat Greek yoghurt and fresh berries.
Our tip: If you don’t have all the ingredients to hand to make this low carb muesli, don’t stress! You can easily make it with whatever nuts and seeds you have in your pantry. Feel free to experiment.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 80g (1⁄2 cup) almonds, coarsely chopped
- 70g (1⁄2 cup) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 50g (1⁄2 cup) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 70g (1⁄2 cup) hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 35g (1⁄4 cup) pistachio kernels
- 40g (1⁄4 cup) pepitas
- 35g (1⁄4 cup) sunflower seeds
- 100g (1 cup) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla bean paste 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 170°C or 150°C fan forced.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place almonds, macadamias, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, pepitas, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, cinnamon and vanilla in a large bowl. Toss until well combined.
- Spread out evenly on the lined baking tray. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until light golden and crisp. Set aside to cool. Once cool, stir through flaxseeds and chia seeds.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Find what is your carbohydrate tolerance
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.
Start your free trial here.