Baked Portabello Mushrooms with Feta
Mushrooms, dry white wine, and goat's cheese... Say no more!
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 medium portabello mushrooms
- 40g unsalted butter
- few sprigs thyme
- 125ml dry white wine
- 125ml vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup quinoa
- 100g marinated goat’s feta
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced.
- Place mushrooms in a large baking tray, scatter over thyme sprigs and dot with butter.
- Add wine, stock and sliced garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cover tray with foil and cook for 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring water to the boil, add quinoa, reduce heat, cover with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- To serve, spoon the quinoa over the mushrooms, add a dollop of goat’s feta and scatter over the herbs. Season with extra salt and pepper if required.
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.
Start your free trial here.