What could be better than a steaming hot bowl of mussels? The addition of dry white wine adds a depth of flavour that will have you making this recipe again and again!
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- 60g unsalted butter
- 3 French eschalots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- white pepper
- pinch saffron
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ cup cream
- 1 kg mussels
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Melt butter in a large pot. Add eschalots and cook for a few minutes to soften. Then add garlic, thyme, pepper and saffron. Cook for a few minutes, then add white wine and cream. Stir, remove from heat, place the lid on and set aside to allow the flavours to develop.
- Clean mussels thoroughly and remove beards.
- Place mussels in the pot, add parsley and cover with the lid. Bring to the boil and continue to cook until the mussel shells have opened. Discard any mussels that haven’t opened.
- Serve in deep bowls with all the cooking liquid.
TIP: Add low carb konjac noodles to create a seafood pasta dish if desired.
Join Australia's first evidence-based and doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Download the Defeat Diabetes app today.
Visit the Google Play Store.
Visit the Apple Store.