Dr. Brukner's Bacon, Feta and Avo Salad
Feta is a great way to get some extra salt in your diet which will help keep your sodium levels in a healthy range.
And if you're feeling particularly hungry? Add some extra bacon or soft boiled eggs for a complete meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tsp extra
- 175g middle bacon rashers, roughly chopped
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1/3 red capsicum, deseeded, sliced
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 20g feta cheese, crumbed
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp.
- Combine salad leaves, cucumber, capsicum and avocado in a large bowl.
- Whisk the olive oil and balsamic in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add dressing to salad with the bacon. Gently toss to combine. Serve topped with crumbled feta.
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.
Start your free trial here.