Fancy some meal prepping? Or having friends for lunch? This quiche is tasty, filling, and versatile for any occasion.
Made with almond flour, this quiche is high in protein, healthy fats, and keeps you feeling full for hours! Packed with healthy amounts of salt and calcium, you'll be hitting all the necessary nutrients with this one.
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp (60ml) melted butter
- 1 large egg + 1 yolk
- 3 brown onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 200ml thickened cream
- 100ml milk
- 90g gruyere cheese, grated
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 180C fan forced.
- Place flour, butter, and salt in a food processor and process for 10 seconds until it looks like coarse crumbs. Add egg and pulse until it just comes together as a ball of dough. Press dough into a 20cm fluted tart tin. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a frypan over low heat, melt butter, add onions and cook until caramelised. Spread over the bottom of the cooked pastry shell. Beat eggs, cream and milk together, then stir in cheese. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Pour in the filling, lay strips of prosciutto over the top and scatter with parsley.
- Bake the quiche in a preheated oven for 40 - 45 minutes, until set and lightly browned on top.
- Serve warm.
TIP: Don't like gruyere? Swap it out for cheddar or anything else you have on hand.
Join Australia's first evidence-based and doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Download the Defeat Diabetes app today.
Visit the Google Play Store.
Visit the Apple Store.