Bread might be the ultimate comfort food. It also tops the list of challenges faced by members new to low carb (“Can I still eat bread while low carb?, “How do I bake with almond flour?”). So we’re over the moon to introduce our latest eCookbook: Low Carb Baking!
A cookbook that redefines baking in a low carb world, Low Carb Baking is a carefully curated selection of everyday bread, savoury bread, bread to impress, baked sweet treats, and easy go-to recipes that will cater to all your cravings. From fluffy low carb bread rolls to delectable guilt-free baked desserts, Low Carb Baking deserves a spot on every benchtop, making low carb baking an enjoyable and accessible part of your daily life.
Low Carb Baking is your go-to resource for any culinary creation that involves flour, a whisk and a rolling pin! Whether you’re looking for a more-ish Banana Bread, a versatile slice-able bread to stuff with your favourite meat and salad ingredients, or an impressive savoury bread or sweet treat to wow guests at your next brunch, we’re here to help you create your own healthy low carb versions, even if you’re not an experienced baker.
What’s in the Low Carb Baking eCookbook?
More than a collection of 40 recipes (though these are undoubtedly the stars of the show!), Low Carb Baking includes:
- Defeat Diabetes dietitian Nicole Moore‘s low-down of the world of low carb flours. Nicole demystifies the art of low carb baking and provides you with the knowledge and confidence to create mouthwatering, low carb treats.
- A helpful table that breaks down different flour’s protein, carbs and sugar content. This reference will be your go-to tool in the kitchen, helping you navigate the foundational ingredients for your everyday cooking and dietary needs.
- Advice from Defeat Diabetes founder Dr Peter Brukner on why we should all eat less refined flour.
- 40 recipes covering everyday bread, savoury goods, bread to impress, snacks, sweet treats and easy meals for the whole family.
- Recipes for handy, low carb condiments you can make yourself.
- Macronutrient breakdowns for each recipe, so you can easily work out how the finished dish can fit into your carb allowance.
Six of our best Low Carb Baking eCookbook recipes
Here’s a preview of six of our simplest low carb bread, pastries and sweet baked treats, so whip out that apron and let’s get baking!
Three Seed BreadAn easy and tasty bread recipe that tastes like the real thing (and freezes beautifully, too!).Check out this recipe
Berry and Apple GaletteEveryone loves a French tart, otherwise known as a galette. They’re super easy to make and the perfect sweet treat.Check out this recipe
Banana BreadA toasted slice of banana bread with some melted butter is such a treat, although most banana breads you see aren’t really breads at all and are more like banana cake!Check out this recipe
Zucchini, Olive and Fetta BreadThis savoury loaf is so flavourful, and perfect served on its own or with a smear of butter!Check out this recipe
Cheesy Ham ScrollsBakery breakfasts are back on the menu with our Cheesy Ham Scrolls. These scrolls are freezer friendly and taste best warmed slightly in the microwave for a breakfast on the go or a tasty afternoon snack.Check out this recipe
Heavenly Chocolate BrowniesAn easy recipe to whip up for a dessert, lunchboxes or for visitors.Check out this recipe
Buy the book today
The Defeat Diabetes Low Carb Baking eCookbook is available for tablets and e-readers through the Defeat Diabetes Shop, priced $7.99.
Or buy all three of Defeat Diabetes eCookbooks: Fresh + Simple, Healthy + Hearty and Low Carb Baking for 20% off exclusively in the Defeat Diabetes Shop.