Mediterranean Eggs with Chorizo
Give breakfast a makeover with this throw-it-all-in one-pan wonder! A hint of chilli and fresh herbs complete this breakfast winner.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 mild chorizo sausages, sliced (150 grams)
- 400ml tomato passata
- ½ tsp harissa
- ½ cup marinated red pepper strips
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to season
- 4 free range eggs
- ½ cup pitted green spanish olives, roughly chopped (90 grams)
- chopped flat leaf parsley to serve
- Heat a medium fry pan with olive oil, add chorizo and cook for a few minutes. Add tomato passata, harissa and red peppers. Bring to the boil, lower heat & allow the sauce to gently simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Make four small wells in the sauce and crack eggs into these, sprinkle with olives & cover with a lid. Allow eggs to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes until whites are firm, but the yolks are still runny.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Tip: It's optional to swap the olive oil for butter for a light buttery flavour.
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.
Start your free trial here.