All the well-loved burger flavours without the carbs - yum!
Extra hungry? Make it a double patty, double cheese.
Tip: For some added flavour season the burger mince with a tablespoon of paprika, oregano or onion powder - or anything else of your choosing.
- 250g raw mince beef
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp butter
- 2 sliced cheddar cheese
- 2 pickled gherkin, sliced
- ½ tbsp low sugar tomato sauce
- ½ tbsp low sugar American mustard
- 2 lettuce leaves
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beef mince with the egg using your hands or a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Make two burger patties and cook in butter in a frypan, for approximately 3 minutes per side on medium-high heat, until golden brown all over and the juices run out clear. They can also be grilled on a BBQ.
- Add a slice of cheese to each burger towards the end of cooking, giving it enough time to melt over the patty.
- Serve with the salad sides or use large cups of lettuce as a burger bun to hold the burger and toppings.
Join Australia's first evidence-based and doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Download the Defeat Diabetes app today.
Visit the Google Play Store.
Visit the Apple Store.