Take a look at the most recent results from our 2023 member survey to see just how much impact Defeat Diabetes is making!
When you embark on a new lifestyle and way of eating, it can be nearly impossible to know what results and benefits you'll experience.
Whether you're looking to send type 2 diabetes into remission, increase energy, sleep better, lower your blood glucose levels, or take control of your overall health, the Defeat Diabetes Program can help.
Adopting a low carb approach, science tells us, is the key to putting type 2 diabetes into remission.
Before you get started, here's a few things you need to know.
How does it work?
Our program features 13 lessons on topics such as The truth about Fats, Why carbohydrates matter, Meal Planning, How to shop, Manging hunger and cravings, Exercise and wellness and more. These lessons, led by health professional experts include:
- Exclusive monthly webinars with global medical experts
- 100+ hours of masterclass videos
- Weekly customisable meal plans
- A shopping list generator
- A supportive members-only Facebook community to keep you motivated and to share advice
- Cooking demonstrations
- A rich library of resources designed to support the Defeat Diabetes community and answer your questions
In addition, we have more than hundreds of tasty low carb recipes (with more added each week), giving you the skills to cook with confidence now and into the future. All are designed to be easy to prep and cook (most are under 30 minutes), economical to shop for and delightfully delicious.
All our information and support is available to you from the moment you join - there's no waiting each week for a new lesson to open!
Our program is available on desktop PC, laptop, and tablet through your web browser and mobile app both Apple and Android.
Join a vibrant community
Our members gain exclusive access to our vibrant members-only Facebook community. Here, we lend each other support, share advice and recommendations and exclusive information.
In addition, Defeat Diabetes members gain exclusive access to our monthly live webinars. Each focuses on a different topic, and members can ask questions directly of our health professionals. These are recorded and made available in our webinar library for all our members.
7 things to expect on the Defeat Diabetes Program
- Improved blood glucose levels: Low carb diets tend to improve blood sugar levels almost immediately. This is because carbohydrates are literally made of glucose molecules, which enter the blood after digestion.
- The possibility of remission: A recent survey showed 52% of our members have achieved remission. That means blood glucose in normal range, and no type 2 diabetes related medications (such as metformin) for three months.
- Better sleep: Reduced weight loss can help ease symptoms of sleep apnoea, meaning you shouldn't be waking so easily in the night (good for you, and your partner!).
- Weight loss: Low carbohydrate diets are well known for weight loss. This is due to a combination of better appetite control, leading to reduced consumption, and increased energy expenditure, even at rest.
- Reduced risk of arthritis: When you reduce your carbohydrate intake, you reduce inflammation in the body. Reduced inflammation leads to improvements in joint pain.
- Reduced diabetes medications: By lowering blood glucose levels, low carbohydrate diets can also reduce the need for diabetic medications. Keep in close contact with your doctor so these medications can be adjusted accordingly.
- Reduced reflux and heartburn: Research shows that low carbohydrate diets can reduce the amount of acid in the food pipe, which causes symptoms of reflux.
People just like you have successfully put their type 2 diabetes into remission, and are experiencing a quality of life like never before.
From improved mental clarity, better concentration and reduced medications, to dramatic weight loss, better mental health and enough energy to easily get through the day.
Defeat Diabetes member Rob says: "I still can't believe how quickly things changed, and how good the results have been. Not only the weight loss, but my skin is clear, my eyesight is better, I don’t crave sugary foods, my beer gut is gone, and the best part is I no longer snore and sleep through the night!"
What our members think of the Defeat Diabetes Program
"I have found this app great for information and motivation. I have enjoyed many of the recipes and love that new recipes are added regularly to keep motivation and inspiration high. I also love the 'members only' Facebook group and being able to share recipes and advice with the rest of the Defeat Diabetes community." - Rebecca
"Defeat Diabetes has changed my life and given me hope again." - Tina
“Whenever I need a little pep up, I always scroll through the group to see how other people are going.” – Greg
“Thanks to this lifestyle, I never have to start another diet.” – Edwina
What does is cost?
There are two membership tiers available on the Defeat Diabetes Program; both start with a free, no-risk trial. Cancel any time during the trial period and you won't be charged.
- Annual: 14 days free then billed annually at $129
- 3 months: 14 days free then billed quarterly at $59
Our founder Dr Peter Brukner explains: "We have spent over $2M creating this program. We have funded all of this out of our own pockets - no Government support, no industry support. Similar programs overseas cost twice as much (UK) or up to six times as much (USA), but we were desperate to keep the costs as low as possible.
"Two dollars a week is not much to pay when the likelihood is that you will gain hundreds of dollars of benefits such as reduced medications and doctors’ visits, not to mention the long term reductions in health costs and work absenteeism associated with type 2 diabetes.
"What is your health worth?"