Defeat Diabetes is a digital program delivered via a mobile app that teaches you how to adopt a low carbohydrate approach to eating. Limiting carbohydrate intake has been proven to help with:
- Improved control of your blood sugar
- Prediabetes and type 2 diabetes remission
- Weight loss
- Reduced inflammation
- Management of many other chronic diseases
Other benefits of a low carbohydrate diet include improved mental clarity, increased energy and better sleep. Here’s how it works.
How does Defeat Diabetes work?
The Defeat Diabetes Program is a practical self-paced guide that can help send type 2 diabetes into remission through carbohydrate restriction.
Created by doctors and dietitians, the program uses gold-standard science to provide a step-by-step path to a low carbohydrate lifestyle.
1. Learn the foundations of glycaemic control
The program is based on 13 lessons to help you adopt a low carb approach. The lessons include topic such as Diabetes and Diet, Why Carbohydrates Matter, The Truth About Fat, Meal Planning and Exercise and Wellness.
Each lesson explains the foundations of why reducing your carbohydrate intake can improve your health and includes:
- A simple introductory video from Dr Peter Brukner, Dr Paul Mason or Defeat Diabetes Dietitian Nicole Moore APD.
- Masterclass videos from our medical experts offer a deeper insight on related topics.
- Easy-to-understand articles to explain the science and share information related to the topic.
- Short FAQ videos to help you troubleshoot any issues.
- A quick quiz to lock in your newfound knowledge!
2. Fall in love with food (again!)
“Low carb isn’t a diet; it’s a lifestyle.” ~ Dr Peter Brukner, Defeat Diabetes founder
The Defeat Diabetes Program includes hundreds of delicious, quick and economical recipes to inspire and customisable weekly meal plans to transition to a low carb life easily.
You’ll eat meals designed to fill you up, stabilise blood sugars and help you lose weight (if that’s a goal).
Following our meal plans, a recent member survey showed:
- More than half (52 per cent) who joined with type 2 diabetes have now achieved remission;
- 84 per cent of respondents were able to improve their glycaemic levels;
- 30 per cent of respondents with pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes were able to reduce or discontinue medication;
- 78 per cent of respondents reported weight loss, with an average loss of 6 kilograms; and
- 76 per cent of respondents reduced their waistline, losing on average 7.3 centimetres.
3. Be supported on your journey
The Defeat Diabetes Program includes free access to our exclusive members community where you’ll receive support and advice from members and medical experts to keep you motivated.
Membership to the Defeat Diabetes Progam also include complimentary monthly webinars with medical experts where members can ask questions directly. These are recorded and made available in the private community.
What results can you expect?
- Improved blood glucose levels: Low carb eating can improve blood sugar levels almost immediately. This is because carbohydrates are literally made of glucose molecules, which enter the blood after digestion. So by limiting carbohydrates, we can stabilise our blood sugar.
- Reduced diabetes medications: Restricting carbohydrates can also reduce the need for diabetic medications by lowering blood glucose. Keep in close contact with your doctor so these medications can be adjusted accordingly.
- Weight loss: Low carbohydrate diets are proven to help with weight loss. This is due to a combination of better appetite control so you eat less, and increased energy expenditure, even at rest.
- Better sleep: Weight loss can ease symptoms of sleep apnoea, meaning you might not wake so easily in the night (good for you and your partner!).
- Reduced risk of arthritis: When you reduce your carbohydrate intake, you reduce inflammation in the body. Reduced inflammation leads to improvements in joint pain.
- Reduced reflux and heartburn: Research shows that low carbohydrate diets can reduce the amount of acid in the food pipe, which causes symptoms of reflux.
What our members think of the Defeat Diabetes Program
“I have found this app great for information and motivation. I have enjoyed many of the recipes and love that new recipes are added regularly to keep motivation and inspiration high. I also love the ‘members only’ group and being able to share recipes and advice with the rest of the Defeat Diabetes community” – Rebecca
“Defeat Diabetes has changed my life and given me hope again.” – Tina
“Thanks to this lifestyle, I never have to start another diet” – Edwina
What does membership cost?
There are two membership tiers available on the Defeat Diabetes Program. Both start with a FREE 14-day trial, so you can explore the program before committing to a membership. You can cancel at any time during the trial period and you won’t be charged.
Defeat Diabetes pricing:
- Annual: $8.33 p/m – 14 days free then billed annually at $99.99 (SAVE 50%)
- 3 months: $16.66 p/m – 14 days free then billed quarterly at $49.99
Our founder Dr Peter Brukner explains: “Two dollars a week is not much to pay when you’re likely to gain hundreds of dollars in reduced medications and doctors’ visits. So what is your health worth?”
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.