Peppery Chicken Curry
A total flavour bomb and just a few easy steps! Throw it in a pot, leave it to do its thing, and voila! A delicious warming curry for winter.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 40 minutes
- 500g chicken thigh fillet pieces – cut into 2 cm chunks
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp fresh ground black peppercorns
- 3 onions
- 3 tbsp ghee
- fresh coriander to garnish
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl. Mix together garlic, ginger, salt, vinegar, turmeric, and 1 tsp of the pepper. Spread over the chicken and leave to marinate.
- Peel and chop 1 onion. Place in a food processor and blend to a paste.
- Slice the remaining onions and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a deep pan. Add sliced onions and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes until softened and golden. Add onion paste and continue to cook over low heat for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Add chicken and marinade and cook, stirring to coat all sides and brown the meat. Add 200 ml water, bring to a simmer and cook over low heat for 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and tender.
- Serve garnished with coriander and extra ground black pepper.
TIP: Serve curry with steamed cauliflower rice.
TIP: If you don't have a food processor, a stick blender works just as well!
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.
Start your free trial here.