This BLT is high in monounsaturated fats and can help lower your heart disease and stroke risk.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 avocados, halved and peeled, seed removed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp whole-egg mayonnaise
- 6 pieces cos lettuce
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add the bacon. When the fat melts from the bacon, increase the heat and cook for 1-3 mins on each side, depending on how crispy you like. Set the cooked bacon aside on a paper towel.
- Using the same pan, reduce heat to medium and crack in the eggs. Fry them in the bacon fat for 3 minutes, or until the white is set, then flip and cook for another 3 minutes. Set aside with the bacon.
- Season the avocado halves with salt and pepper and spread each with 2 teaspoons of mayonnaise.
- Fill two of the avocado half with 3 pieces cos lettuce, 2 slices of tomato, 2 slices of cooked bacon, 1 fried egg, and another pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the two remaining avocado halves on top to close your avocado BLT, garnish each avocado BLT with the sesame seeds and eat and enjoy.