Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g chicken drumsticks, (with skin)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1cm rounds
- 1 small red capsicum, (or ⅕ a large red capsicum, chopped into 3cm squares)
- 4 shallots, quartered
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tbsp mixed herbs, dried
- ½ lemon (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/428°F.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel to remove any moisture. Place in a large bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary, rubbing the mix into the chicken.
- Place drumsticks on an oven-safe cooling rack on a baking tray and cook for 40-45 minutes until juices run clear when the drumstick is pierced with a skewer.
- 20 minutes before the end of the cooking time, place vegetables on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season liberally with salt and pepper, sprinkle with mixed dried herbs and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables from the oven. Squeeze the lemon over the vegetables and serve with the chicken drumsticks.