Chicken wings are budget friendly and simple to bake, plus their skin contains collagen which helps to keep your skin and bones in good shape.
Wings are tasty on their own with salt, or pair with a homemade aioli if you like to dip your wings. Alternatively, go the Tex Mex route and serve your wings with sour cream and a chilli salsa on the side.
Tip: To make aioli, refer to our mayonnaise recipe or video, and add two small cloves of crushed garlic to the process.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes
- 350g chicken wings, skin on
- 1/2 tbsp duck fat
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup rocket
- 1/4 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Spread the chicken wings evenly on a baking tray and brush them with melted duck fat. Sprinkle them with a generous amount of salt.
- Bake the wings in the oven for 25 minutes. If you are using chicken drumettes (half a wing), the baking time will be less.
- Serve immediately with a side salad of rocket, tomato and onion dressed with apple cider vinegar.
Optional: Serve with a healthy dip such as homemade aioli or sour cream with chilli salsa.
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.