These aromatic baked autumn mushrooms are topped with the delicious nutty flavour of quinoa and creamy goat's cheese, for a delicious lunch or dinner option.
Baked Portobello Mushrooms With Fetta
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms
- 40 g butter, unsalted
- sprigs thyme (few)
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 125 ml vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- salt and black pepper, freshly grounded
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup quinoa
- 100 g goat’s fetta, marinated
- herbs fresh, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F fan-forced.
- Place mushrooms in a large baking tray, scatter over thyme sprigs and dot with butter.
- Add wine, stock and sliced garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cover tray with foil and cook for 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring water to the boil, add quinoa, reduce heat, cover with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- To serve, spoon the quinoa over the mushrooms, add a dollop of goat’s fetta and scatter over the herbs. Season with extra salt and pepper if required.