There’s nothing wrong with taking a shortcut to a good meal, and BBQ chicken from a supermarket or a specialist takeaway store is a great way to get dinner done in a rush.
Use leftovers for a light lunch or second dinner, and don’t throw the chicken skin in the bin! It’s a great source of collagen and vitamin K2.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 0 minutes
- 120g BBQ chicken with skin on
- 50g (1 cup) shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 medium red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 ripe medium avocado
- 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 35g parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15g) pine nuts
- Assemble all the salad ingredients and drizzle with olive oil.
- Top with parmesan cheese and pine nuts.
- Enjoy the chicken on the side or shredded on top.
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.