Nutritionally balanced, these bento boxes are high in protein, fibre and omega three fatty acids, supporting our overall well-being and providing essential nutrients for your body.
Bento Box Duo
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 4 slices salmon, smoked; (100g)
- 2 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 30 g almonds, dry; roasted
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- You will need 2 bento style lunch boxes. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Place the trimmed asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Roast in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the asparagus is tender but still crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, place the eggs and cover them with water. Bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the eggs simmer for 9 minutes for a slightly soft centre or 12 minutes for a fully set yolk. Drain the hot water and transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water to cool. Once cooled, gently peel the eggs and halve before setting aside.
- In each bento box, arrange half of the asparagus in one section and top with a halved egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- In the first bento box arrange the smoked salmon slices in a separate section.
- In the second bento box, arrange the slices of cheese and almonds in a separate section.
- Mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil in a small bowl and then divide between two separate containers to dress the lunches when you're ready to eat.