Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1½ tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 800 g broccoli, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup Vintage cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup pure cream
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped fresh, to serve
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add broccoli and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 8–10 minutes or until broccoli is tender but still bright green (be careful to not overcook).
- Set aside to cool slightly then blend the soup in batches using a handheld blender.
- Return soup to a clean saucepan and heat over low heat. Add cheese and 60ml (1⁄4 cup) of the cream, stir to combine and season with black pepper.
- Serve with a drizzle of remaining cream, sprinkled with chives.