Greens, proteins, fats – this is practically a meal on its own!
Preparation time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins Serves: 2
- 1 ½ cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 middle rashers bacon, diced (omit for vegetarian option)
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped and toasted in a dry frypan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 5cm water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Steam or simmer broccoli until stems are just tender (about 3-5 minutes).
- While the broccoli is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook until golden brown and crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside, but keep the fat in the pan.
- Add garlic to the hot fat in the frypan and cook until golden. Stir in the cooked broccoli and cook on medium until the broccoli is just starting to brown slightly. Add spring onion and stir through until the onion is just wilted.
- Return the bacon and add the walnuts to the pan and combine thoroughly. Remove from the heat, season to taste and serve immediately.
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.