Low in carbs, high in protein, this is the perfect way to add some pizazz to an inexpensive cut of steak.
Carne Asada with Chimichurri
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp paprika, smoked
- 500 g steak, flank or skirt
- salt and pepper, to season
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- In a medium-sized freezer bag, combine the lime juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper to season. Mix well and add the steak.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight if you have time.
- Remove steak from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you plan to cook.
- Heat a griddle pan or BBQ to high.
- Grill the steak for 4-5 minutes on each side and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by blending the parsley, garlic, olive oil, lemon zest, red wine vinegar, and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Drizzle over the steak before serving.