Chaffles (cheese waffles) are a low carb craze. When you see how easy and tasty they are you’ll realise why!
This recipe is a great swap for bread that can be used for sandwiches, burger buns, dipped in soup – you’re only limited by your imagination!
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 250g (1 cup) grated mozzarella cheese
- coconut oil spray
- Preheat a waffle maker.
- Crack the eggs and beat with a whisk or fork. Add the grated cheese and stir through.
- Season with salt.
- Spray the waffle maker with coconut oil spray.
- Pour approximately a quarter of the mixture into the waffle maker and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the cooked chaffles and repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
Tip: This is a basic chaffles recipe. If you’re feeling creative, add your own flavours: chopped herbs, spring onion, chilli or bacon work well. All sorts of grated cheeses work well in this flexible recipe too, from cheddar to mozzarella.
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.