This recipe focuses on the natural cleansing properties of delicious fresh green veggies. Adding a variety of vegetables to your day, especially the green ones, provides your body with powerful plant compounds called polyphenols and antioxidants which keep us healthy!
Preparation time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Serves: 2
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1L chicken both
- ½ bulb fennel, finely sliced
- ½ cup sugar snap peas, slice
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 200g cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 3 cups spinach
- ¼ cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- 30g parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until soft and broken down.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Plunge in the fennel, sugar snap peas and asparagus and reduce the heat to a simmer. Leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in the lemon zest, chicken, miso and spinach, allowing the spinach to wilt and the chicken to heat through. This will take about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Tip: This is a versatile recipe that works with many types of vegetables. It’s a great way to use up anything in the crisper that needs eating!
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.