We've turned this traditional slow-cooked meal into a quicker version of Chilli Con Carne. Using minced steak speeds up the process yet still gives you all the flavour you could want!
Chilli Con Carne
Flavour central! This quick and easy Chilli Con Carne is the perfect blend of rich tomato and a kick of spice. Even those who can't handle the heat will love this one.
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra if needed
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 250 g minced beef
- 400 g tomatoes, tin chopped
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- ½ avocado, diced
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ red onion, diced
- handful fresh coriander leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp full-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 150°C/302°F fan-forced.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based oven-proof pot and cook onion, garlic and chilli until softened. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add mince to the pot and cook until browned, adding extra oil if required.
- Return the cooked vegetables to the pot and stir in the tomatoes. Put on the lid and place in the oven to cook for 15 minutes.
- Add capsicum and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes. Add some water if the mixture is looking a little dry.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Mix the diced avocado, cherry tomatoes, red onion and coriander leaves. Squeeze over the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chilli from the oven and serve with the salsa and sour cream.
Tip: If you prefer, swap olive oil for butter, and also add extra smashed avocado for extra good fats!
Tip: Feel free to adjust the chilli based on how much spice you can tolerate.
Nutrition (per serve)
Net Carbs: 8.8gProtein: 25.5gFat: 40.4gFiber: 4.8g