Natural nuts have no additives. If you use pre-roasted nuts, double-check they do not contain unhealthy vegetable oils such as peanut or canola oil.
- 1 cup mixed nuts and seeds, natural
- 100 g dark chocolate, 85% cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Evenly distribute the nuts and seeds on a baking tray, and place them in the oven.
- After 5 minutes, check the nuts and stir them, they should be starting to smell nutty and crackle by now. If they need more time, set a timer and check them again in 3 and 5 minutes. They should not need longer than 10 minutes in total to roast. Remove the nuts and seeds from the oven and allow them to cool a little.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a water bath: add about 2 cm of water to a wide saucepan, place your chocolate in a smaller saucepan or heatproof bowl that fits inside the larger saucepan. Bring the water to a simmer then turn off the heat and let the chocolate sit in the water bath until it melts. A small amount of stirring with a spatula will help.
- Spread the nuts and seeds out evenly on a sheet of baking paper on a tray, and pour the melted chocolate over them. Sprinkle some salt on top.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
- Remove from the fridge and break into pieces.
- Leftovers are best stored in a container in the fridge.