Loaded with fibre and antioxidants, our creamy slaw will keep your gut happy and skin glowing.
- ½ medium white cabbage, outer leaves and core removed, finely sliced
- ½ medium red cabbage, outer leaves and core removed, finely sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- ½ cup Healthy Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to season
- Place the white and red cabbage and carrot in a large mixing bowl, and toss to combine.
- To make the dressing, place the Defeat Diabetes Healthy Mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Blend to form a creamy dressing.
- When you are ready to serve, start by pouring two-thirds of the dressing over the cabbage and carrot salad, then mix well. If the coleslaw seems dry, add a little more of the dressing.
- Eat immediately if you prefer your slaw super crunchy. It will sit in the fridge, covered, for up to an hour but the cabbage will soften a little.