Cabbage can be cooked in countless ways, but we bet you never thought to make it the star ingredient.
Preparation time: 15 mins Cook time: 15 mins Serves: 2
- 250g white cabbage, very finely shredded
- 2 free range eggs
- ½ tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g almond flour
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 50g smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- In a bowl, lightly knead and massage the cabbage to soften it.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, soy sauce or tamari, chilli flakes and salt. Stir flour into the egg mixture, then add in the finely shredded cabbage and spring onion and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a large non-stick fry pan heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium high and ladle ½ of the cabbage mix into the pan to form a fritter. Repeat with the other ½ of the cabbage batter to form a second fritter. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook each for 4-5 minutes until crispy. Carefully flip the fritters and cook the other side for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and arrange on a plate with the smoked salmon and a dollop of Greek yoghurt.
Tip: If you’re not a fan of smoked salmon you can replace this with the same quantity of good-quality ham or shredded chicken.
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.