Did you know one tablespoon of tahini (a paste made from sesame seeds) contains over 60mg of calcium?
Crunchy Chorizo Kale Bowl
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 chorizo sausages, mild gluten-free, sliced
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 cups kale leaves, chopped
- 8 brussels sprouts, finely sliced
- ½ avocado
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the tahini dressing by combining the tahini and the juice of half a lemon in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir until creamy and well combined.
- Heat olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add the chorizo and walnuts and allow to brown for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the kale and Brussels sprouts to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes until wilted. Add the juice of half a lemon, cook for a further minute until the greens have wilted down. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with avocado and prepared tahini dressing.