Our recipe skips the pastry to make for a delicious low carb meal.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bacon, diced into small pieces
- 1 cup pumpkin, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 8 eggs
- 150 g Greek goat’s fetta, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Drizzle a frying pan with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for about three minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden.
- Add bacon and cook for about 2 minutes until crispy.
- Add pumpkin and cook for 8-10 minutes, until tender.
- Add zucchini in the last two minutes of cooking.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach wilts (about two minutes). Transfer to a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs and fetta together. Add to the veggie mixture. Stir and season to taste.
- Pour mixture into an ovenproof frypan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until set.