Feeling particularly hungry? Add some extra bacon or soft boiled eggs. Fetta is a great way to get some extra salt in your diet which will help keep your sodium levels in a healthy range.
Dr Brukner's Bacon, Fetta and Avo Salad
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, (plus 1 tsp extra)
- 175 g bacon rashers, roughly chopped
- 100 g salad leaves, mixed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- ⅓ red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- ½ avocado, ripe one; sliced
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 20 g fetta cheese, crumbed
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp.
- Combine salad leaves, cucumber, capsicum and avocado in a large bowl.
- Whisk the olive oil and balsamic in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add dressing to salad and gently toss to combine. Serve topped with crumbled fetta.