A frittata can also be cooked in an oven dish instead of a frypan: simply add the mixture to a greased baking dish or cake pan, and bake at 180 degrees for 25-40 minutes (check regularly until it is set). Line your dish with baking paper to avoid it sticking.
Easy Cheesy Frittata
- 4 large egg
- ⅛ cup cream, double
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, cooked in butter
- ¼ brown onion, diced
- ¼ cup red capsicum, diced
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup baby spinach leaves, fresh
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/392°F.
- Use an oven-safe, non-stick frypan to brown the onion in butter, then add chopped vegetables; fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs together with the cream then mix in the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cooked vegetables in the frypan. Stir briefly with a spatula to distribute the mixture evenly, and let cook on the stovetop for 2-5 minutes on medium heat.
- After 2-5 minutes, the outside of the frittata should be starting to set; at this point, transfer the frittata in your ovenproof frypan to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn't overcook.
- The frittata is cooked when the eggs are set and the middle of the frittata has a very slight wobble when you jiggle the pan.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before slicing.