This deceptively simple side is decidedly more-ish, with added protein and fat from cheese and nuts to leave you feeling fuller.
Grilled Zucchini with Fetta and Mint
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into rounds
- salt and pepper, to season
- ½ cup mint leaves, torn (optional)
- 50 g Greek fetta, crumbled
- Heat a medium fry pan over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and toast gently until golden for 2-3 minutes, tossing every 30 seconds or so to prevent them burning. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in the fry pan. Add the sliced zucchini in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper and cook without turning for 2 minutes or until the underside is golden brown. Turn each zucchini, season and cook the other side for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place zucchini on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the torn mint leaves if desired, the crumbled fetta and the pine nuts and serve.