Perfectly spiced and deliciously crunchy, our low carb recipe is easy to make and is a great sweet treat for the festive season.
Preparation time: 20 mins Cook time: 15 mins Serves: 16
- 2 cups almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup monk fruit extract
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp black molasses syrup
- ½ tbsp full fat milk
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together almond meal, coconut flour, ground ginger, mixed spice and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together the monk fruit extract with the butter using a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses to the butter mixture and dry ingredients until a dough forms.
- Roll into a ball, wrap in glad wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll out the dough to around ½ inch thickness and using a cookie cutter of choice (we used a star shape) cut the cookies and place them on the baking tray.
- Repeat until the dough is used up.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for around 25 minutes until golden.
- Let the cookies harden a little before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with unsweetened cocoa powder or monk fruit icing sugar.
Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Tip: You can use stevia instead of monk fruit extract for a cheaper alternative.
Note: You can buy black molasses syrup from Woolies or Coles.
Note: Makes 16 cookies.
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.