Sweet treats are for special occasions and these cookies have just 1g sugar per serve.
Healthy Gingerbread Cookies
- 2 cups almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp ginger, ground
- ¼ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup monk fruit extract
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp black molasses syrup
- ½ tbsp full-fat milk
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together almond meal, coconut flour, ground ginger, mixed spice and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together the monk fruit extract with the butter using a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses to the butter mixture and dry ingredients until a dough forms.
- Roll into a ball, wrap in glad wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll out the dough to around ½ inch thickness and using a cookie cutter of choice (we used a star shape) cut the cookies and place them on the baking tray.
- Repeat until the dough is used up.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for around 12-15 minutes. Watch very carefully to make sure they don't burn. Remove when golden.
- Let the cookies harden a little before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with unsweetened cocoa powder or monk fruit icing sugar.