Looking for a low carb contribution for a party? No-one will guess these fluffy cupcakes are a low carb treat you can enjoy without spiking your blood sugars.
Lemony Blueberry Cupcakes
- 1 pack Simply Swap Foods Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 1 tbsp lemon rind, finely grated (tightly packed)
- ¾ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup salted butter, melted (125 g)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 large eggs, (60 g)
- ⅓ cup preferred milk, (eg. coconut, almond, full fat dairy etc)
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- Pour the cupcake dry mix content, lemon rind and blueberries into a large bowl and stir to mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, lemon juice, eggs and milk.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold together gently.
- Pour mixture into lined muffin tray and bake for approx 35-40 mins or until cakes are golden brown on top and spring back when lightly touched in centre (or a skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out clean).
- Leave cakes in the tray for 5 minutes before removing to cool on wire rack.