Packed with iron, protein, and vitamin B12, these Mexican schnitzels are super nutritious without the carbs!!!
Mexican Beef Schnitzels
- 1 medium egg
- 30 g parmesan cheese, shredded
- 30 g almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- ½ tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 30 g butter, or ghee (for frying)
- 350 g beef steaks, thin-minute
- Whisk the egg in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine in another large bowl the parmesan, almond flour, salt, pepper, cumin, onion and garlic powder, sweet paprika, oregano, and chili powder (if you dare!) and mix well.
- Dip the beef steaks into the egg, coating all sides, and allow the excess to drip off.
- Dip the egg-washed steak in the dry spice mixture, making sure you cover all sides, and repeat until all the steaks are coated.
- Heat half the butter or ghee in a shallow frypan on medium heat. Add half of the coated schnitzels to the pan and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove and set aside on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Add the rest of the butter to the pan and fry the remaining schnitzels, then remove and place on a paper towel for 2 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad or simply some rocket with a squeeze of lemon juice.