Overnight oats have become wildly popular in recent years – and with good reason. It’s a cinch to prepare (don’t be put off by the ‘cooking time’, it involves little more than adding the milk and waiting for the chia to swell while you get on with something more interesting), and is deeply filling.
But those carbs…..!!!!
So our clever recipe peeps have come up with grain-free version that’s way healthier and just as filling. Enjoy!
Preparation time: 10 mins Cook time: 30 mins Serves: 2
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp full fat greek yoghurt
- ½ cup walnuts (or nut of choice), roughly chopped
- ½ cup mixed rasberries and strawberries
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a container with a lid.
- Add coconut milk. Place in the fridge and leave overnight (or for at least 30 minutes) for the chia seeds to swell.
- When ready to serve, stir through full-fat Greek yoghurt. Sprinkle with berries and chopped walnuts.
Note: This makes a great toteable brekkie for work – just pop the ingredients in a jar with a lid overnight and in the morning stir through yoghurt, berries and walnuts before heading out the door.
Tip: Sprinkle with some cinnamon for a delicious winter treat.
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.