Get your taste buds dancing with delight with this rich tomato Osso Bucco, packed with collagen and healthy fats!
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 60 minutes
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 strips preserved lemon rind, rinsed
- ¼ cup mild olive oil
- 500g veal osso bucco
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup stock
- 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- few sprigs thyme
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Chop onion, carrot and celery into large dice.
- Melt butter in a large frypan and cook onions, carrots, celery, garlic and preserved lemon for a few minutes. Remove from heat and place vegetables in an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Heat olive oil in the same frypan, cook meat in a pan until browned on all sides. Remove meat from pan and place on top of vegetables. Return pan to heat and cook wine, stock and tomatoes for a few minutes. Pour over the top of the meat and vegetables. Add bay leaf and thyme, cover dish with foil or lid and cook in the oven for about 1 hour or until meat is very tender, turning the meat halfway through. Check the level of the liquid and add more if you need to.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Tip: Serve with a green salad or low carb noodles.
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.