Using almond flour packs a great protein and healthy fat hit, and the addition of Monk Fruit as a sweetener lowers the sugar content considerably.
Persian Almond Cake with Berries
- 1 cup rosé wine
- ¾ cup monkfruit sweetener
- 1 punnet strawberries, stems removed, halved
- 1 punnet raspberries
- 1 punnet blackberries
- ½ punnet blueberries
Persian almond cake:
- 170 g butter, unsalted
- ½ cup monk fruit sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- 2½ cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- t tbsp orange zest
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/302°F. Butter a loaf tin adn line with baking paper.
- To prepare the rosé berries place the wine and sweetener in a large serving bowl and stir to dissolve.
- Add all the berries to the bowl. Gently crush some with the back of a fork to release their juices and leave to macerate for at least an hour.
- Blend the butter and sweetener in a stand mixer until creamy. Add the eggs and whisk to incorporate.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and place in the oven. Bake for 40 minutes until the cake is golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to completely cool before carefully removing the cake from the baking tin as it is delicate.
- Serve the cake with rose berries drizzled over the top.