Pork pairs well with sweet flavours but how to do it without the carbs? Enter red sauerkraut!
- Lightly salt your pork chop ahead of cooking (half a day beforehand or longer will improve the flavour and texture, but no stress if you do it just before cooking).
- Heat a frypan to medium-high heat.
- Using a pair of tongs to hold the chop, sear the outer fat and edges of the chop for a minute or until golden.
- Add butter to your pan.
- Cook the chop for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side (longer if your chops are extra thick). Place the cooked pork chop on a warmed plate and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
- While the chop is resting, use the pan with the retained fat to cook the snow peas for 1 minute.
- Serve the pork chop with snow peas, red sauerkraut and a drizzle of olive oil.
Note: Red sauerkraut can be found in most supermarkets, and is sweeter than the standard sauerkraut thanks to the traditional addition of apples.