Who doesn’t love a good beef pho? This low-carb recipe swaps egg noodles for low carb konjac noodles to make a satisfying meal.
Quick Beef Pho
- 1 cup beef stock, gluten-free
- 1 thumb ginger, peeled and sliced thickly
- ½ onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp monk fruit extract or Stevia
- 40 ml fish sauce gluten-free, unsweetened
- 300 g Konjac noodles
- 200 g beef flat iron steak, thinly sliced
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- ½ red chilli, chopped
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves, fresh
- ½ cup coriander, fresh
- Place stock and 1 cup of water in a saucepan with the ginger, onion, garlic, star anise, cinnamon stick, monk fruit extract and fish sauce.
- Bring to boil and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain stock to remove the ginger, onion, garlic, star anise and cinnamon stick. Place the broth back on the heat and return to a boil.
- Divide konjac noodles into the two bowls, top with the sliced beef fillet (raw), pour over stock. The boiling stock will cook the fillet.
- Top with bean sprouts, chilli, basil leaves and coriander.
- Serve immediately.