This recipe is perfect for making a big batch, freezing in containers and cooking whenever you need them!
Why not take them to work and pair with a side salad? Or make a big tomato sauce and have on top of cauliflower rice – there are so many options!
Preparation time: 15 mins Cook time: 20 mins Serves: 2
Ingredients: For the meatballs:
- 250g ground beef
- 150g ground pork
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes, optional
For the salad:
- ½ cos lettuce, torn and washed
- ½ punnet of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- half a lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/392°F. Line one baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until well mixed (you might need to use your hands!).
- Shape mixture into equal-sized meatballs, about 2 tablespoons each. Remember, don’t pack your meatballs too tightly or they may become tough.
- Arrange on the lined baking tray. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through (you can test this by touching them lightly. If they’re firm, they’re ready. If they’re squishy, they need a little longer).
- In the meantime, arrange your salad ingredients on a plate.
- Add all the salad dressing ingredients into a jar. Screw the lid on tight and shake vigorously until combined.
- Once the meatballs are ready, wait until they cool slightly before arranging them on top of the salad. Drizzle dressing all over.
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.