Why not take them to work and pair with a side salad? Or make a big tomato sauce and have on top of cauliflower rice - there are so many options!
Quick Italian Meatballs
- 250 g ground beef
- 150 g ground pork
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ cos lettuce, torn and washed
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/392°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until well mixed (you might need to use your hands!).
- Shape mixture into equal-sized meatballs, about 2 tablespoons each. Remember, don't pack your meatballs too tightly or they may become tough.
- Arrange on the lined baking tray. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through (you can test this by touching them lightly. If they’re firm, they’re ready. If they’re squishy, they need a little longer).
- In the meantime, arrange your salad ingredients on a plate.
- Add all the salad dressing ingredients into a jar. Screw the lid on tight and shake vigorously until combined.
- Once the meatballs are ready, wait until they cool slightly before arranging them on top of the salad. Drizzle dressing all over.