These Russian cheese pancakes will boost your fibre and healthy fats intake to keep you feeling full for longer.
Russian Cheese Pancakes
- 340 g paneer
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp stevia, or to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 200 g raspberries
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- Place the paneer cheese between a few layers of paper towel on a baking sheet. Place something heavy and leave to drain any excess liquid for 30 minutes or until the paper towel is wet. Once drained, the paneer shouldn't leave any liquid on your hands. If it does, drain for longer between more paper towels until it leaves no liquid residue.
- Crumble or grate the paneer cheese into a large mixing bowl, then add the vanilla extract, eggs, coconut flour and stevia and whisk together to combine all ingredients well.
- Shape 1 tablespoon of the mixture into a small, flat patty and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. You should make 8 patties in total, 7-10 cm in diameter each. Place the pancake patties in the freezer for 5 minutes to firm the dough.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat until bubbling. Add 4 Syrnikis pancakes and cook for 3-4 minutes each side until golden brown; set aside. Repeat with the remaining pancakes.
- Serve warm, topped with crème fraîche and berries.