This traditional Israeli breakfast contains protein and antioxidants to keep you sustained and your immune system strong.
Saucy Beef with Baked Eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 small red capsicums, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp cumin, grounded
- 2 tsp paprika, grounded
- 2 tbsp parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp coriander, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 200 g ground beef
- 600 g tomatoes, diced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 eggs
- 60 g feta cheese (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat. Cook the onions for 2-3 minutes until softened, then add the capsicum and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin, paprika, parsley, 2 tbsp coriander and dried thyme. Cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and cook for 2-3 minutes, breaking it up with the back of your spoon, until browned. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make hollows for the eggs in the tomato and beef mix using the back of a serving spoon. Crack in the eggs and add feta if using. Cover the pan with a lid, and cook for 5 minutes, or until the whites have set but the yolks are still wobbly.
- Divide evenly into two serving bowls and garnish with the remaining coriander.