Low and slow is the way to go with scrambled eggs, to end up with a light and fluffy texture. Make this recipe Paleo by swapping the butter for coconut oil.
Scrambled Eggs and Bacon
- 2 large egg
- 2 rashers bacon
- 20 g (2 tbsp) butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork or whisk.
- Preheat a frypan on a medium heat, add some butter and when it is melted add the bacon rashers. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, preheat a small non-stick frypan on a low temperature and add the butter.
- When the butter begins to foam, pour in the whisked eggs. Leave them for 20-30 seconds before gently pulling the eggs from the edge to the centre of the pan using a spatula. Be careful not to overcook the eggs.
- Remove the eggs from the pan just before the eggs are set, as the residual heat will continue cooking them on the plate.