You can use any green leaf for this recipe. Try cos lettuce for crunch, butter lettuce for a softer salad feel or even red and white cabbage for a coleslaw vibe minus the sugar hit!
Simple Green Salad
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup rocket
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced or quartered
- 1 celery stick, sliced
- ½ pear, sliced
- 1 cup mixed herbs, chopped (try flat leaf parsley, mint, coriander or basil)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine spinach, rocket, cucumber, celery and pear in a medium bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl for one minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.