High in omega three essential fatty acids, this dish will support your brain and heart health.
Sriracha Lime Prawn Skewers
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- ½ tbsp brown monk fruit sweetener
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 500 g prawns, extra large, peeled and deveined with tails on
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch coriander, fresh, for garnish
- ½ lime, cut into 2 wedges for garnish
- 8 wooden skewers, pre-soaked for 1 hour in water
- In a small bowl combine sriracha sauce, brown monk fruit sweetener, lime juice and garlic. Mix well to combine and ensure the sweetener has dissolved.
- Thread prawns evenly among the bamboo skewers. Brush generously with two-thirds of the sriracha marinade and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside the remaining marinade.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium-high heat. Grill the prawns for 2 to 3 minutes on one side, then turn, brush again with the remaining marinade, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the prawns are firm and opaque in the centre.
- Divide the prawn skewers between two plates, squeeze a wedge of lime over each and sprinkle with coriander to serve.