Low carb potatoes come under different brands including Spud Lite and Zerella. One small potato weighing 100g (about half a cup’s worth) contains 9 grams of carbs so it’s on the higher end of the low carb veg scale.
Steak and Baby Potatoes
- 2 T-Bone steaks (350g each)
- 2 small low carb baby potatoes (100 g, ½ cup)
- 1 tbsp sour cream (15 g)
- ½ cup broccoli cooked; (75 g)
- ½ cup green beans (75 g)
- 2 tbsp butter (1 tbs for cooking meat and 1 tbs for cooking)
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the baby potatoes for 10 minutes. Add the broccoli and green beans and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and add the butter, allowing it to melt and coat the vegetables.
- Meanwhile in a frypan, cook the steaks in tallow or lard for 4 minutes on each side (or to your liking).
- Let the steak rest for a minute after cooking and serve with the buttery veg including a dollop of sour cream on your potato.