Canned salmon has edible bones which are a great source of calcium and magnesium. Substitute the cream cheese with sour cream if you prefer.
Preparation time: 5 mins Cook time: 0 mins Serves: 1
- 1 whole ripe avocado
- 70g tin canned salmon in brine, drained
- 50g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- dill or parsley to garnish
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the seed.
- Mash the tinned salmon in a bowl with a fork.
- Add the cream cheese and lemon juice, with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the stuffing in each hole of the avocado and garnish with dill or parsley if you have any available.
Tip: Tinned salmon is a cheaper and more accessible option, but try to choose wild-caught salmon where possible – it’s healthier for you and the oceans!
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.