A traditional English brekkie provides up to a third of your daily protein needs.
The Full English Brekkie
- 4 beef sausages
- 2 tomatoes, halved
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 bacon rashers
- 220 g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Set the oven to preheat to 100°C/200°F.
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Brown the sausages on all sides, then cook for 10 minutes or until the juices run clear. Remove from the pan and place in a baking dish. Set aside in the oven to keep warm.
- Season the cut tomatoes with salt and pepper and drizzle with ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Place them cut side down in the same fry pan and cook for 2 minutes, then gently turn over and cook for 2 minutes until softened. Add them to the baking tray with the sausages, and return to the oven to keep warm.
- In the same fry pan, melt a tablespoon of butter and fry the mushrooms and bacon over high heat for 7 minutes. Once the mushrooms have softened and the bacon is crispy, transfer them to the oven with the sausages and tomatoes to keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the remaining oil to the fry pan and gently crack the eggs. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the white is set.
- Divide the beef sausages, bacon, tomato, mushrooms and fried egg between two plates, season with salt and pepper and serve.