These cabbage steaks with creme fraiche deliver more than 50% of your vitamin C, and vitamin K and boosts your calcium.
Thyme-Roasted Cabbage with Garlic Crème Fraîche
- 1 small head cabbage, (400-500g) sliced root to tip into 4 slices
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup crème fraîche, full fat
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat the oven to 200℃/400℉ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Arrange the cabbage steaks on the tray and sprinkle with thyme. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, turn, then roast for another 15-20 minutes, until they are golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Mix together the crème fraîche, lemon juice, dijon mustard and garlic in a small bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and place in a serving bowl.
- Once the cabbage steaks are cooked, remove them from the oven, and place them on a serving plate. Serve immediately with the crème fraîche sauce.