- 250 g zucchini (cut into zoodles)
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tbsp cream
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 25 g pancetta, diced
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- pinch salt
- ½ tbsp parsley, flat-leaf, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp parmesan cheese
- Place zoodles in a large colander, sprinkle with sea salt and set aside for 10 minutes. Rinse zoodles under cold running water. Pat dry with absorbent paper to remove excess moisture.
- Whisk the egg yolks, cream and parmesan together in a medium-sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the pancetta, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate and set aside. (Skip this step if you're making a vegetarian version).
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add zoodles and cook, tossing with tongs, for 1–2 minutes or until just tender. Do not overcook. Remove from heat.
- Return pancetta to the zoodle pan with egg mixture and quickly toss, until egg mixture coats zoodles and forms a glossy sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately garnished with parsley and extra parmesan.