Simple Fish Curry
This warming Fish Curry is mild in flavour thanks to the small amount of chilli, and will appeal to everyone (even those who aren't 'curry people'!). Whip it up on a cold evening and serve with cauliflower rice for a big protein hit.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp mild olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 fresh curry leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 0.5 cup coconut cream
- 400g blue eye fillet, cut into 3cm large pieces
- lemon wedges to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp oil over high heat, add cumin seeds, and cook until they pop. Reduce heat to medium, add onion and cook for 5 minutes until onions are softened and slightly caramelised.
- Add the rest of the spices and cook for 1 minute, then add tomatoes and cook for a few minutes until they soften and start to break up.
- Add water and coconut cream and stir to combine. Continue cooking to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Heat remaining oil in a separate pan and cook fish for 2 minutes each side, then add to the curry sauce.
- Cook over low heat until the fish is just cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
TIP: Serve fish curry with steamed cauliflower rice.
Join the leading evidence-based, doctor-led program transforming the health of Australians. Start your free trial today.
Start your free trial here.